Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Weblog
15 January
On to the final strait of the Sprout/Kidsilk jumper. I am determined to finish it this weekend!
Next is the entrelac practice run so that I can do my cushions for the car, otherwise my poor back gets really cold!

This is the inspiration. Unfortunately Berrocco don't have any UK stockists and you can't download their patterns yet.
Grr!
So I had to try and find another pattern because I had the kidsilk from the Liberty sale and the lazer FX from Ebay.
Luckily www.knitty.com came to the rescue!
15 Jan 2004
The Sprout jumper in progress. The bamboo needles that I got from Mags (thanks!) made a real difference. The stitches do glide along the needle, which makes doing a jumper much faster!




Back to knitting home
Back to main home
Future Projects
One sleeve. These only took a couple of hours to complete
Crikey - Here's hoping its not too big. I did knit a swatch - honest!
The back takes shape! I just love the mix of soft kid mohair and sequinned accent wool.
Slightly concerned about the stability of the sequins. I have found some dotted around the house - let's hope they fell off during the numerous times that I had to untangle the yarn.

Word to the wise: Wind small amounts of Lazer FX round some bobbins and use as necessary. The yarn is easily tangled and its easier to untangle from a little bobbin.

The Kidsilk is lovely and not scratchy - even to my sensitive skin. However, like most mohairs, it doesn't like being frogged. It's hard to see whether you've dropped a stitch, so don's forget to keep checking.
16 Jan: 0211
Update
Just finished knitting the pieces for the sweater. Tonight I shall be making up the jumper - fingers crossed.

Oooh - and I discovered that you are supposed to take the wool from inside the ball, rather than outside. It's much tidier!

17 Jan 02.30
YAHOOOO!!!!
I've finished my first adult jumper, and it looks pretty good, even if i say so myself!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home