Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Hallowig mess

As it's Halloween today, here's my Chamber of Horrors...



I've really messed up the decreases. It looks nothing like a sleek parting - more like someone who has been tarred and feathered.



That long piece of thread is supposed to be the slipped stitch. The more I look at this disaster, the more depressed I feel. So it's off to the froggy farm for this Hallowig.

On a happier front, I'm ploughing through the Christmas Surprise.
I don't want to give too much away, but here's a close-up...


I've used a combination of Rowan Linen Drape (shade: Bleached), Berocco Lazer FX and a couple of mystery yarns to add some texture.


I might graft in the odd row of Paton's eyelash yarn.


The ends are curling in, however. To combat this I will either I-cord or crochet the border.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home