Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Good evening from a still-wintry London. It's about 7 degrees celsius in the daytime - What's happened to Spring? I feel cheated. We even had a dusting of snow and ice a couple of weeks ago (end of Feb). Not nice.
I've seen some gorgeous red and white Birkies in Urban Outfitters on Kensington High Street. I just want to dash in and wear them right now - rather than acting like a wuss in boots.

Started my spring preparations of a leg and Brazilian wax. Three Nurofen didn't even come close. I swear the sweat was running down my leg. I was so apprehensive! But at least it looks nice and tidy.
Hopefully it will be warm enough for me to justify my intensive pedicure so that my toes look nice and neat.

Anyway, I digress...

Right now I'm finishing off my Kyoto sweater thingy from Knitty.com.

I'm using Noro Shinano for the sleeve edges, collar and waistband. The body will be completed in a plain black Aran knit.

I've changed the sleeves to make a scalloped edge with a chevron design (thanks to Debbie Bliss: How to Knit). Once my camera is working I shall take snaps of all the relevant bits, together with any comments that I may deign (be bothered) to make ;-).

But in the meantime, this is the gorgeous design from the Knitty website.



If you haven't been there you're in for a treat!
It's full of fresh, funky patterns that are nowhere near 'grannyknits' and practical advice. I have finally decided to tackle
knitting on circular needles, thanks to the goddesses at Knitty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home