Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Here kitty, kitty



I'm now working on the Kitty62 hat, which has induced circular needle fatigue. You are supposed to work on 16" circular needles, which I find too narrow to work on comfortably. Once you begin the decreases, you then have to switch to DPNs, which I hate because they are so fiddly.
So I'm going to switch to 'ordinary' bamboo needles instead. Having to seam the hat afterwards is a small price to pay for not having to use DPNs.
No pictures because this hat is made from black wool, which doesn't photograph very well, and I'm sure you don't want to see a black blob.
Had a great night out on Saturday at a friends birthday party. It was at a new club/bar space in Shoreditch, which is east of the City of London. It's one of the last bits of ungentrified central London, so there are lots of derelict buildings, grubby factories and dubious 'saunas' around. It reminds me of Clerkenwell about 10 years ago when I had a job there. In those days (!) there wasn't even a cash machine or a decent cafe. Now you can't move for clubs, bars, loft apartments and chi-chi shops.
I'm at work now. I've finished editing my page. Now I have to wait for another 30 minutes to make sure nothing big appears on the newswires. Then I can make my escape and spend an hour or so in front of the TV with a cup of tea.




5 Comments:

At 5:28 pm, Blogger Minxxy said...

Hello there!!!
Having a quick peek after you left your blog addy on mines.... ohhh can't wait tio read it later... kid and man baying for their tea9Plus my tummy is doing a roll also!!)
See ya!
Minxxy

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger Minxxy said...

Cripes!!
Look at all the mistooks!!
Sorreee!!

 
At 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://lhabkhir.com/vuof/ffgn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jljbeayl.com/sqpn/ubul.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://lhabkhir.com/vuof/ffgn.html | http://lylkluxp.com/jmqq/qxvw.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home