Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Say cheese




Knitting the second glove definitely felt like a drag and I was glad to get it over and done with. Him indoors thinks they look like rubber gloves, but the long sleeves will be hidden by jackets and will keep out any winter draughts.

For my sins, however, I'm going to make a striped fingerless pair for my sis. I plan to use the Fawne pattern by Kim Hargreaves, using a silver Rowan Lurex Shimmer and some grey alpaca from my stash.

But first, back to my mother-in-law's scarf. I had a brainwave last night. Why struggle trying to blend together yarns and sequins, when I can use a beautiful, elegant yarn that will be more my MIL's cup of tea*

Enter Giotto by Colinette.

* I really like the original scarf, but I used mostly stockinette stitch, which keeps curling in and holographic sequins are more my cup of tea

I'm using the same pattern that I used to make this Sprout jumper

The original from knitty.com

And my effort is here


But I digress...

This Giotto yarn is a beauty. The Moss shade is a shimmery delight of pale green with the odd spot of pale gold. It reminds me of the colours of leaves in early spring.
The recommended needle size is 8mm. I'm using US size 10 needles, which is a 6mm. This means that the scarf won't take too long to knit, but I don't want to cut corners by using massive needles. Besides, if I went any smaller, the scarf would be as flexible as cardboard.
I think I need to go to bed!

4 Comments:

At 11:11 am, Blogger Mary said...

Love the gloves. The long sleeves are a great idea - keep out those drafts. I tired on a pair of the fingerless gloves knitted up by someone in the Liberty group and they were lovely. Silver Lurex and grey sounds good.

 
At 11:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://jfaokopv.com/qwnn/hyjo.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://onwwvcdk.com/ayhg/fpud.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 11:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 11:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://jfaokopv.com/qwnn/hyjo.html | http://vlamkglr.com/pgof/uydk.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home