Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Monday, November 15, 2004

Glove love



After so many false starts with Charlotte's Web, it's lovely to be able to settle down and just knit. I am up to the middle finger of my first Brie glove. It feels strange working with such tiny needles (size 2.5mm) after the 6.5s that I used for the Kitty Hat.

The Kidsilk Haze yarn is like knitting spiderweb - in a nice way. It's so soft and lovely, although too easy to drop stitches. I think it would be better if I switched to bamboo needles, which are more 'grippy', but the smallest size I have in bamboo is 3mm.

Oh well, slow and steady wins the race, as they say...

I'm going to be knitting lots over the next couple of months. I need to lose a stone by January 19 - and if I'm knitting, I can't be eating ... well, it helped me give up smoking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home