Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Monday, December 13, 2004

I've run out of things to knit



I've been concentrating so much on finishing my Christmas knitting that I feel as if I've run out of steam. I'm sure this state of affairs won't last long!

Besides, I've been eyeing up the Koigu Gypsy shawl pattern that I'd like to give to my mum next year. What the hell - I might get started on it tonight. I also want to have something to take to the knitting morning that we have on Tuesdays at Ray's Jazz coffee shop. Or perhaps I could start on a pair of fingerless mittens for myself? Or what about the Knitty tea cosy? So many yarns, so little time!

I've finished knitting the cushion. I was so determined to complete it last night that I stayed up until 2am to get the last rows done. The next step is to trace over the black lines with mohair to create a smoky effect. I've just won an auction on eBay for some odd balls of mohair that will be ideal.

My 'conscience jobs' are to lengthen Rob's jumper and my MIL's scarf with fringing. 'Conscience jobs' are the projects that need alterations but I keep getting waylaid by the other yarns in my stash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home