Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Thursday, December 02, 2004

The things I do to get out of decorating...



I've got door frames that need to be sanded before I go out this afternoon and here I am posting on my blog. Oh well, I can't think of a nicer way to procrastinate.

This is what I've done so far on Blur.


The main yarn is an acrylic called Mexican Wave by Elle (shade 58). I bought a few balls from the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in October. The stockist was RKM Wools from Shrewsbury, Shropshire. I love that azure blue and look at how the accent thread goes through the colours that you can see in a sunset (if you're lucky).

I found the black yarn in my local pound shop. It's a bog standard double-knit acrylic which cost a fiver for four 100g balls - perhaps I was overcharged!



And here's a view of the back for the techies ;-)

I was working on this while watching the Musicality performance of Chicago on Channel 4 last night. This series is basically 'Theatre Idol'.

It follows the same format as Pop Idol with the auditions, workshops and panel of judges. The main difference is that the judges always offer constructive advice and support, rather than throwing insults at the auditionees. The winners took the main parts in Chicago in London for one night.

All the winners were so impressive but Rebecca Dent, who played Roxie Hart, was astounding. She dominated the stage and I couldn't take my eyes off her.

These fingerless gloves are going to be another Christmas present.

The pattern is called Fawne, and it's from the ... you guessed it ... the current Rowan mag. They're made from the same black yarn as the Blur cushion and silver Rowan Lurex Shimmer.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is beautiful! you have such great stuff! I will be back to check it all out!
Beth (big geek)

 
At 4:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://zyosscob.com/llra/yesw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://iszubppr.com/oats/wcag.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 4:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://zyosscob.com/llra/yesw.html | http://xxwhoqoo.com/rsiw/hlor.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home