Sisterknitter

A British knitting blogger from North London

Sunday, November 28, 2004

My needles are on fire





The MIL's scarf is pretty much done. I'm going to add some fringing because the edges look a bit bare - and as a quick way to add length.
No close-ups until Boxing Day otherwise it will ruin the surprise.

I am still flushed with success from my orange Brie gloves, so I've moved on to a pair of striped fingerless gloves for Madam in black acrylic and silver Rowan Lurex Shimmer.

The current Rowan magazine is my favourite so far. I've got my eye on so many patterns that I won't have time to do them all before the weather warms up in March. Fortunately the patterns I like look fairly timeless.

One complaint


Why are the womens' jumper patterns so small? I'm not super-sized (a 16-18 on top), but only providing patterns up to a 40-inch bust is lazy and must exclude a large proportion of Rowan customers. It can't be a space consideration, either. If SIrdar can squeeze all the measurements on to one page of A4, then so can Rowan.
Surely many people knit their own clothes to get a better fit?
My maths skills are not up to upsizing patterns and I don't see why I should have to do so. I'm a paid-up member of the Rowan Club and I'm being treated like a second-class citizen. I will email Rowan to see what they have to say.
Rant over!


1 Comments:

At 9:25 pm, Blogger Minxxy said...

I totally agree with you!
Im hopefully getting an ann budd book forxmas so I can resiae patterns to fit me not some super thin waif!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home